Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Take 2!

There are many times when I have tried out a recipe and failed (yes! it's true!) or it doesn't turn out quite as expected. There are always room for improvements and so this blog entry is dedicated to my second attempts and 2 particular recipes: the cantonese egg tart and banana bread. If you recall from my previous blog about egg tarts, I didn't have the proper egg tart tins so they didn't turn out so well. The pastry was quite thick and the tarts didn't look very presentable.. BUT thanks to K who bought the egg tart tins for me from Hong Kong~~ we were able to bake them again =)
You can find the recipe for cantonese egg tarts here.
Baking in the oven~~

Ta da~~ done ^_^ they could have been a bit more brown...

but they tasted delicious :D
My first attempt at banana bread did go quite well but it didn't look that great. So when I tried again I decided to decorate the top with sliced bananas and a few oats! Much better :) You can find the recipe for banana bread here.
Cooling in the tin~~
Mmm.. I can smell the banana ~~
sliced up! you can see the chunks of banana goodness ^^
So when you think u have failed.. just try again :) I mean.. that's what baking is about yeh? Experimenting.. trying out new recipes... and improving them!

1 comment:

  1. It's true! Another thing that usually happens (to me anyway) is that I never get the same results every time, even if I use the same recipe....

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)