Tuesday, September 24, 2013

R U OK? DAY cake competition

For those who didn't know, it was R U OK? DAY 2 weeks ago in Australia. This day is to encourage people to ask others "R U OK?" in the hope of having a meaningful conversation =) and support those going through trouble. A very good cause. You can find out more info on their website.


We had a cake competition at work for this day. The theme was: Black and Yellow - the colours of the R U OK? DAY logo. The judging was based on looks alone so you had to be quite creative with it. I must admit, I am not a cake decorator.. (I do want to learn though!) so I made a simple chocolate banana cake (it's actually the recipe for chocolate banana bread but I baked it in a round cake tin =p) and iced the top with cream cheese icing with a little yellow food dye added to it. I wrote the logo with my handy icing pen and decorated the border with some oreo cheesecake balls.

The results were anounced this week and............. I .... didn't win =( hahha! but I wasn't really expecting anything. The winners' cakes were AMAZING!!! there was this minion cake and cake pops.. just really creative entries! But I'm just glad I could share this cake with colleagues and got them talking about R U OK? day ^^"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)