Thursday, May 31, 2012

Choc banana squares

I realise that I make a lot of recipes using banana! hehe! Ever since there was a shortage of bananas here - due to flooding/cyclones, I realise how much I missed bananas!! I love bananas! I eat them almost everyday and I love using them in cooking ^^ Or just to top off pancakes or waffles.. Mmmmm~~

Anyways saw this recipe for Chocolate-Bottom banana squares on Small small baker and it looked DELICIOUS =D I loved how there were 2 layers~ and cut into little squares for a bite size snack!


Chocolate banana squares
Recipe adapted from Smallsmallbaker
Ingredients
113g butter
60g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 bananas, slightly mashed
180g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
25g cocoa powder
2 tbs milk

1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg, vanilla essence and mashed bananas. Beat until creamy.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and fold into cake mix. Mix well.
4. Divide cake into 2 equal portions. Add cocoa and milk to one portion.
5. Pour chocolate batter into lined cake tin first and spread evenly.
6. Pour plain batter on top of chocoalte batter and spread evenly.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven (180oC) for 25-30 minutes or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
square for you!
If I had chocolate chips, I would sprinkle them over the top ^_^ But these were still a yummy and simple snack to make :)

4 comments:

  1. mmm...chocolate and banana...it seems like a brownie-cake? What's the texture like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its more like a brownie cake! the texture is really light and fluffy with yummy banana chunks throughout ^^

      Delete
  2. this looks so good! two of my favorite things: chocolate and banana. i've never seen anything like this, thanks for sharing i'll have to try it out!

    www.fooddiaryproject.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah banana and chocolate are a perfect combination! Hope to see you try it out on your blog :) thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)