Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Matcha Love!

I love MATCHA!!! I have probably mentioned on my blog before but I'll say it again!! Matcha is awesome!! It has become quite a food trend over the last year or so (good for me! ^^) and I found an awesome recipe that is quick, easy and DELICIOUS! It's similar to the recipe I have previously tried (link here) but this recipe adds ground almonds which definitely adds to the texture. The original recipe also used white chocolate chips but I didn't have any and forgot to get some at the shops so just used dark chocolate chips~ still tasted nice though.

The dough can be made hours, days or weeks (up to 8 weeks) in advance then taken out of the freezer to slice and bake whenever you have that cookie craving (everyday for me! ><)


Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from The MeatMen

Ingredients
180g unsalted butter (room temperature)
140g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
40g ground almonds/almond meal
240g plain flour
20g matcha powder
60g chocolate chips

1. Sift plain flour and matcha powder together and set aside.
2. In another bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar using an electric beater until light and fluffy.
3. Add salt and egg yolks and mix until combined.
4. Mix in ground almonds until well combined.
5. Gradually add in the flour and matcha and mix well.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
7. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Shape the dough into logs (4cm diameter), wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
8. Preheat oven to 165oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut dough into 5mm thick slices and arrange on baking tray.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Rest on baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. 
I'm loving my fish plate ^^

Try it out~ Happy baking!!!

Exciting news too! Just recently got a part time job at a little cafe/sandwich bar/catering company thank God!! First day of work is today!! One step closer to my baking dream :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great to see your blog filled with new recipes and experiments. I was thinking to bake some matcha cookies to fill some jars since we've got a packet in store. Looking forward to following more of your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! Hope I can keep it up too~ Can't wait to see your bakes too ^^

      Delete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)