Passionfruit Petit Yoyo's
Recipe adapted from Simply great meals
Ingredients (Makes ~40 petit yoyos)
6 tbs icing sugar
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup custard powder
60g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1-2 tbs passionfruit pulp (tinned or fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour and custard powder and mix to form firm dough.
3. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into ball and place onto baking tray. Press lightly with the back of a fork and bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Make butter cream by beating butter, icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in passionfruit until combined. Sandwich yoyos together with butter cream.
before people grabbed them~ ahha
Can see the passionfruit seeds in the butter cream :]
Salted Caramel Swiss roll
Recipe adapted from Happy flour
3 eggs, separated
50g brown sugar, sifted
52g cake flour (I used plain flour with a bit of corn flour mixed in)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
35g vegetable oil
Salted caramel sauce:
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp salt
Salted Caramel Butter cream:
100g unsalted butter
1 tbs icing sugar
3 tbs salted caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 200oC and line 20x30cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites with electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add in sugar until stiff peaks form (using a stand mixer would be very helpful! otherwise your arm may get sore :P)
4. On medium speed, gradually add in egg yolks. Whisk for another minute until combined.
5. Fold flour into meringue in 3 portions until well blended.
6. Lastly, fold oil into batter until well combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared baking tray and smooth surface. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove cake and place on rack to cool with skin facing up.
|Sponge ready to be spread with salted caramel butter cream!|
1. Melt sugar over medium low heat in saucepan
2. One sugar has melted and turned into golden brown liquid, remove from stove. (Don't burn the sugar!!)
3. Carefully and slowly pour cream over caramelized sugar. Mixture may splatter and caramelized sugar will harden but don't worry!
4. Return saucepan to stove with low heat, stir mixture until caramelized sugar melts and is smooth - this may take a while but BE PATIENT ^^
5. Stir in salt and remove from stove. Set aside to cool. Can be stored in fridge if necessary but thaw to room temperature before use.
Salted Caramel butter cream:
1. Beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in salted caramel sauce and beat till combined.
1. Carefully transfer cake onto greaseproof paper with skin facing down.
2. Spread butter cream evenly on sponge.
3. Gently roll cake using paper to lift the cake and roll.
4. Rest the roll in fridge to maintain shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.
|Salted caramel wreath ^^|
|yum yum yum =D|