Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And that's the way the Blueberry slice crumbles =p

It's sad... no more work catering for the rest of the year. Although there is one more seminar at work I will unfortunately be away (on holiday~~~). However that doesn't mean I'm not blogging or baking =p Actually I haven't been baking as much as I would like to recently.. busyyyyyy...=___= Well I did bake some macarons for an order.
Anyways decided to bake this BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE for fun :) and wanted to test this recipe out anyways ^^ The crumble wasn't as "crumbly" as I would have liked when I sprinkled it on top of the slice, but after it was baked it was nice and crispy ^^ It's also not too sweet ~

BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE
Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippets

Ingredients
6 tbs butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tbs sour cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups frozen blueberries (or if you have fresh even better!

Crumble topping
3 tbs butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour

1. Grease and line square baking tin (8" x 8"). Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. Place crumble ingredients in small bowl and mix until resembles course breadcrumbs.
3. In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and sour cream with electric beater until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one and at time, beating well after each addition. 
5. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
5. Spread batter evenly into baking pan. Cover the top of batter with blueberries (pressing berries slightly into the batter). Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberries.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan before removing and slicing up.
Golden crumbly topping~~
This would taste AWESOME fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla icecream! <3
Slice =D =D

2 comments:

  1. I am so, so, SO impressed that you did catering work. And that you take macarons ORDERS. Orders! I made them once and they were a total fluke visually. Taste-wise- they were heavenly!

    I also love crumble toppings and blueberries and this would be lovely for tea. And breakfast. Or to snak on anytime I feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently made an apple crumble...it makes me wonder what a blueberry crumble will be like. Loving the layers of your blueberry crumble slice, definitely better served with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)