The two bakes this week are really simple recipes but delicious~ They don't need many ingredients but most of the ingredients you can find in your pantry! Let's start off with a simple and moist chocolate cake :)
Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
Recipe adapted from Happy Flour
75g unsalted butter
75g sour cram
140g caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 165oC. Grease bundt tin.
2. Sift together cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter, sour cream and sugar together until light and fluffy. 4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla essence until well combined.
5. Fold in flour mixture until combined. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and allow to cool on wire rack.
This cake was light and fluffy and really simple to make. I drizzled on some chocolate ganache and sprinkled toasted coconut on top for decoration ^^ Makes the cake look more tasty right? haha
|weird photo colour...|
Nutella Shortbread Cookies
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings
225g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla and Nutella.
2. Stir in flour and mix until dough comes together. Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Place dough between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape about 1/2 cm thick. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 160oC. Cut dough into 5x5cm squares. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cookies turn brown at the edges.
I topped my shortbread biscuits with a squirt of chocolate frosting piped on with a star nozzle. It made it look a little bit more fancy and also added a bit of moisture to the shortbread.
|squares of yummy shortbread|