|Slab of brownies! YUM!|
|2 boxes full =D|
I had a little trouble with the cherry syrup topping ><" but other than that it was fine.
Recipe adapted from ninemsn
250g chocolate ripple biscuits
125g butter, melted (I only used 100g and seemed to work well)
250g cream cheese, cubed, softened at room temp
165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
300ml thickened cream
3 tsp powdered gelatin
125g hot water
425g can pitted black cherries (reserve juice for syrup)
3/4 cup cherry syrup
1 tbs corn flour
1 tbs caster sugar
1 tbs rum (i didn't have any so didn't add it)
1. Process chocolate biscuits until resembles fine crumbs. Add melted butter and process until well combined. Press biscuit base into lined baking tray (20cm x 30cm) using back of spoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
2. Beat cream in small bowl with electric beater till soft peaks form. Keep aside.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over small bowl of hot water and stir until dissolved. Keep aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile beat cream cheese, caster sugar and lemon juice in separate bowl until smooth. Fold in cream mix. Fold in gelatin mix.
5. Pour half batter on top of biscuit base. Carefully press cherries into cream cheese layer then finish with final layer of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until set (~3 hours).
6. For cherry syrup, place ingredients in small saucepan and heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in rum. Allow to cool before spreading onto cheesecake (but don't let it cool too much otherwise it'll set and become clumpy >< - speaking from experience)
|close up of cheesecake|
|Ready to be served|
|Close up of brownies.. so you can see the macadamia, white choc and berries!|