I saw these on Sweet Samsations blog and they looked so yummy that I just had to make them ^___^" so had some time last week to give it a go~
I've never tried a real Martabak Manis... So not too sure if I made it right =S but all I can say is that it was quite delicious :) It tasted like a really fluffy pancake ^^" You can be creative with the fillings - not too sure what the traditional ones have as fillings but I had cheese/brown sugar/peanut butter.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Samsations
1/2 tbs dried yeast
1 cup warm coconut milk
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beated
1 tsp margarine
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp water
- Mix yeast with coconut milk in small bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes until bubbles form (make sure the milk isn't too hot otherwise you will kill the yeast! ><)
- Sift flour, sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Add in coconut milk mixture to flour and mix. Allow to rise for 2-3 hours in a warm place (the longer you leave it, the more fluffy/the more it will rise)
- Beat eggs with melted margarine. Add baking powder dissolved in water and mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with coconut milk mixture, beating for about 30 seconds.
- Preheat frying pan with low heat. Grease pan with a little margarine. Pour in batter, cover and cook until you can see bubbles starting to form. (~10 minutes).
- Add desired fillings on top. Remove from pan and fold in half immediately.
|Peanut butter filling ^___^"|