Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake

I think my new baking phase is with my bundt tin ^_^ I used it when I made Orange Poppy seed cake and I just think it makes cakes look a little more sophisticated ^^" So I decided to bake for my bosses birthday. Wasn't really sure what to bake....

I heard that she likes chocolate but I didn't want to make a rich chocolate cake so I looked up recipes for berry and chocolate bundt cake but there weren't many recipes out there. I finally found this one and added my own touch to it... so enjoy ^_^

Chocolate and Berry Bundt Cake 
Recipe adapted from Raspberry Chocolate Bundt cake - Baking Bites

Ingredients
1 3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup (65g) butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup buttermilk (I used plain milk)
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup frozen raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Oil 10-inch bundt pan.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. In separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add butter, oil and vanilla and whisk. 
4. Stir in half of flour mixture, then milk. Stir in remaining flour then hot water. Mix until no streaks of flour remains.
5. Pour about half of cake batter into bundt tin, sprinkle in raspberries and top with remaining cake batter.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center comes our clean. Let cake rest in pan (~5-10 minutes) then gently loosen the cake and turn out onto wire rack.

I just drizzled over some leftover chocolate ganache that I had in my fridge :)
Don't worry about the cracks coz that will be on the bottom =p
so smoooothhh~~~

I think the berries give the cake a lovely freshness =D You get the rich taste of chocolate and then *POP* of the raspberry ^^ Hope my boss and colleagues enjoyed it~~

2 comments:

  1. ooh.. I love a hint of coffee in my chocolate cakes! This must taste so delicious with all that chocolate drizzle! Yummyyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Sammie ^^" it was quite delicious~ :)

      Delete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)