Another belated post! hehe~I had some leftover salted caramel from my salted caramel swiss roll bake so decided to use it in some cupcakes! I really like the recipe I have for plain cupcakes because it means I can add whatever flavour to it! I was trying to decorate them nicely... but failed -___-" ended up just spreading the icing and drizzling leftover salted caramel on top :)
Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Recipe modified from Vanilla cupcakes
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup caramel chocolate chips
Salted buttercream frosting
2 tbs butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbs salted caramel + extra
1. Preheat oven to 190oC and line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until pale.
3. Beat in eggs one and a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift over flour and mix until almost combined. Stir in milk.
5. Fold in caramel chocolate chips and spoon into muffin holes. Bake for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.Once cooked, removed from oven and allow to cool.
6. Meanwhile make frosting by placing all ingredients in small bowl. Beat using electric mixer until it all comes together to form frosting consistency. If you find it's too runny, add more icing sugar... if you find it too dry add more butter:)
7. Ice cooled cupcakes and drizzle with extra salted caramel.
The cupcakes were light and fluffy and the caramel chocolate chips really went well with the whole salted caramel theme :) Gave a few away to friends and they liked them too :D hmmm... I wonder what other flavours I can make ^^