Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chocolate Banana cake

I think I've mentioned before how good a combination chocolate and banana is.. but I'll say it again! Chocolate + Banana = Delicious =D

So when I saw this recipe in a cookbook~ I just had to try it out! It looked so simple.. (and it was!). Took me 15 minutes from beginning to the oven. The only test of patience was waiting for it to bake in the oven, especially when I could smell the melted chocolate and baked banana.
Mmm.. love it how u can see the banana and chocolate pieces~
Actually, I haven't been in a baking mood recently (I baked this last month). Not sure why... haven't really been inspired to bake anything and also maybe because I'm not stressed enough - I usually bake the most when I''m stressed. Anyways, enjoy this recipe :)

Chocolate Banana Cake

Ingredients
3 medium bananas, mashed
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbs milk
3 tbs oil
100g dark chocolate, grated
100g walnuts, chopped (optional - I didn't have any so didn't add them)

1. Preheat oven to 170oC and grease/line loaf tin. 
2. Place bananas and sugar in large bowl and mix.
3. Sift in flour, add eggs, milk and oil and mix.
4. Fold in chocolate and walnuts.
5. Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

How simple was that!? x)
Slice it up!!! tastes so good warm~
So hopefully I'll be in a baking mood soon =D So I can share more recipes with you all :)


EDIT: I was just watching an episode of MASTERCHEF last night and it was SO AWESOME!!!! =D It had Adriano Zumbo who made a cake tower!!! so def inspired to bake now =p

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear! I actually JUST made chocolate banana bread a couple days ago! haha.. But I added some cocoa powder and milo into the batter as well just cos chocolate is awesome! Love the way your cake turned out! Looks so delicious! and yes, I bake when I'm streesed too! Stressed is desserts spelled backwards, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum!! what a great idea adding cocoa and milo! for extra chocolately goodness =D thanks! yeah i love that saying.. Stressed is Dessert spelt backwards xD

      Delete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)