Mixed Berry Tarts
Recipe adapted from Melbourne DinningIngredients
125g unsalted butter, melted
90g caster sugar
175g plain flour
pinch of salt
3 tbs almond meal
170ml thickened cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup caster sugar
3 tbs plain flour
1 cup mixed frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and grease mini tart tins (I used 10 egg tart tins and 2 mini tart tins).
2. To make pastry, stir together warm melted butter and sugar. Add flour and salt and stir until soft dough is formed.
3. Press dough evenly into the tart tins, including the base and sides of tin. Place tart tins on baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden in colour. Remove tart cases out of oven and sprinkle each tart case with almond meal. Turn down the oven to 160oC.
|Baked tart cases|
5. Place a few frozen mixed berries in each tart case. Pour custard filling even over the berries, careful not to overfill each tart.
6. Place tarts back into the oven and bake for a further 20-30 minutes. Tarts are done when custard filling is firm. Leave to cool and then remove from tart tins. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
I really loved the crust of these tarts! They were sweet, crispy and best of all super easy to make and mould in the tins! They are best eaten on the day of baking because the crust goes a bit soft the next day.... anyways ENJOY =D