Thursday, March 2, 2017

Cafe style cookies

I was asked to make some cookies to sell at the Cafe that I work at and I was SUPER EXCITED :D First time something I have baked was going to be sold in a cafe! I wanted to make a decent sized cookie that looked appetising and found this recipe!

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
Ingredients
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate melts

1. Preheat oven to 190oC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence. 
3. Combine the flour and baking soda. Stir into the butter-sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and cranberries. 
4. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on baking tray. Complete with the rest of the mixture making sure to leave room for the cookies to spread.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Melt white chocolate melts in a small bowl in microwave. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe patterns on to the cookies.

I also made double chocolate chip cookies by replacing the cranberries with dark chocolate chips.

Sad news is.... Only one sold in the first week :( I think the market wasn't there... the cafe's main customers are office workers and I think they prefer muffins and cakes. But its ok! I got some experience and maybe next time I can bake other things :)

The cookies still tasted delicious so if you want cafe style cookies at home then try these =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)