Recipe adapted from Christine's recipe
150g Marie biscuits (I used Arnott's scotch finger biscuits)
70g butter, melted
250g cream cheese block, at room temperature
55g caster sugar
150ml thickened cream
2 tsp powdered gelatine
30ml hot water
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbs caster sugar
3 tbs water
1 tsp corn starch
1. Process biscuits in food processor until fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse to combine. Press over base of pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
2. Mix gelatine and hot water in small bowl until gelatine all dissolved.
3. Place cream cheese and sugar in separate bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold in cream. Stir in gelatine mixture and mix well to combine.
4. Pour mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
5. To make coulis, place blueberries, sugar and water into small saucepan over medium heat. Crush some of the blueberries to release juices. In a small bowl, mix corn starch with 2 tbs cold water. Slowly stir corn starch mixture into the saucepan and cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Remove cheesecake from fridge and top with blueberry topping
|Desserts at BBQ~ my cheesecake vs. my aunty's super cherry cheesecake and fresh fruit :)|