Thursday, April 11, 2013

Work Catering #15: Not once, not twice but TRIPLE chocolate muffins

Hello all! Had a nice one week's break from work catering but I'm back to it this week :)
Finally time to bake a request from a work friend for "Dark Choc Muffins". Hope they were what you expected!!! ><" To tell the truth... I wasn't really happy with how the muffins turned out. I could tell when I was making the batter something was wrong but not too sure what it was. After baking, my sister tried one and her first comment was "This tastes weird.. something is wrong" >___<"
The ganache made it taste better
Not a good start! After tasting, the muffin was quite dense, not light and fluffy and also not very sweet. However when I brought it to work the next day, I was surprised at all the good comments and empty food tray! People commented that it had just the right sweetness and tasted chocolatey! I couldn't believe the comments so I went home and tried one again and realised they tasted much better the next day! haha! so PHEW! I can share the recipe now =p

Triple Chocolate Muffins
Recipe adapted from Baker's Corner 
(this new baking website with lots of yummy and simple recipes!^^)

Ingredients
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk
100g butter, melted

Chocolate ganache
100g chocolate melts
80ml thickened cream

1. Preheat oven to 200oC. Line 36 cups of mini muffin tin with paper cases (or 12 large)
2. Sift cocoa and flour into large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and sugar.
3. Whisk together egg, milk and butter. Stir into the flour mixture. 
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cases and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked. Cool on wire rack.
5. Make ganache by melting chocolate and cream in heat proof bowl over pot of simmering water. Allow to cool before icing muffins.

  • Glistening muffins
    Triple choc - 1) Cocoa + 2) Chocolate chips + 3) Chocolate ganache

    I also made Apple and Raspberry Crumble slice using the same recipe as the Apple and Raspberry Cake I made over the long weekend. The only difference was that it turned out to be thinner but still as tasty. 

Slice =)
Not so much cake but more slice
Close up of Apple and Raspberry Crumble Slice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)