Hello all! Had a nice one week's break from work catering but I'm back to it this week :)Finally time to bake a request from a work friend for "Dark Choc Muffins". Hope they were what you expected!!! ><" To tell the truth... I wasn't really happy with how the muffins turned out. I could tell when I was making the batter something was wrong but not too sure what it was. After baking, my sister tried one and her first comment was "This tastes weird.. something is wrong" >___<"
|The ganache made it taste better|
Triple Chocolate Muffins
Recipe adapted from Baker's Corner
(this new baking website with lots of yummy and simple recipes!^^)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
100g butter, melted
100g chocolate melts
80ml thickened cream
1. Preheat oven to 200oC. Line 36 cups of mini muffin tin with paper cases (or 12 large)
2. Sift cocoa and flour into large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and sugar.
3. Whisk together egg, milk and butter. Stir into the flour mixture.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cases and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked. Cool on wire rack.
5. Make ganache by melting chocolate and cream in heat proof bowl over pot of simmering water. Allow to cool before icing muffins.
|Not so much cake but more slice|
|Close up of Apple and Raspberry Crumble Slice|